Sonntag, 13. Februar 2011

inspiring post: no excuses, live your life

What a wonderful post. Thank you, Harrison.

Why Does Your Life Have To Be Less Than Optimal?
Posted by Harrison on January 1, 2011

I'm sick of excuses. People will come up with an endless list of why they can't eat a healthy diet or exercise or live in a health supportive environment... even though they claim to desperately want to do all of these things. The two excuses most common seem to be the cost and the time required for such luxuries. People, this is your life. It doesn't start next month or next year or when you get a better job or when you get out of school or when your kids get out of school. Your life is happening right now.

I've been communicating with a friend living in NYC who is always telling me how envious he is of my life and how I am so lucky. I'm not lucky. I simply made a choice. He is paying $2500/month in rent and tells me he can't afford to eat as much fruit as I do. He brings in at least 5x more annually than the most money I have ever made and tells me that he can't afford the luxuries of travel and tropical fruits in abundance.

I don't have a job. No steady income. I also don't have a watch or an alarm clock or a car or a mortgage or a defeatist attitude. I manage to travel all over the planet and also manage to eat as much fruit as I want. I don't have a trust fund or drain money from relatives. I'm not on any public assistance. If I can do it what in the hell is wrong with you?

When I travel I always meet people who are even more resourceful than I am at traveling/eating cheaply.

Anything you want as far as health, food and climate is available to you right now if you are clever enough to make it happen.