Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2011

exploding nutrition myths - brenda davis

I met Brenda Davis years ago, at the World Vegetarian Congress in Germany. I was high fat raw vegan back then and she was giving great talks on Raw Food and Vitamin D. She looked vibrant, fit and healthy - and really young, too. She told me, that she's high raw, especially in the Summer months, but also enjoys some cooked vegan foods, like veggie stews and legumes in the colder months. She's a great inspiration to me. (She's one of the people, like Jeff Novick, who inspire me to earn a graduate degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and become an RD. Maybe one day, who knows! I'd love to!)

Myth 1: You need meat to get enough protein!



Myth 2: Fish is necessary for omega-3 fatty acids



Myth 3: The lack of B12 in plants is proof that we need to eat meat



Myth 4: You need milk to get enough calcium



Myth 5: Plant enzymes are of no value to human health



Myth 6: Cooked foods are toxic



Myth 7: Soy foods are dangerous for your health



Myth 8: There are no bad foods