Mittwoch, 1. Juli 2009

let me introduce myself ;)

hello, my nickname is violet & i'm a fruit lover. yes.i love fruits.
just look at them: they are gorgeous, so bright in their colors & forms, so beautiful and fresh. i mean, aren't strawberries sexy? and smell them! i love the smell of ripe bananas filling my flat. and their taste! all are so different, even every single bite has its own facets, it's amazing. the goal is fixed: i will become a fruitarian*.


but guys, don't stress me. i go with the flow. fruit is too amazing for me to force myself to eat a fruit only diet. fruits are worth to be eaten with an attitude of gratitude and appreciation, they are worth to be eaten because you love them, not because you feel forced to eat them. the thing is, once i say, "all i eat is fruit", i get this annoying, frustrating feeling of deprivation.

and i am a big veggie/salad lover, too. i like to create new recipes. simple ones though. i do not want to live in my kitchen or something. but preparing food can surely be a creative act of love. i like making a salad with different colours in it. why should i forbid myself this then? i do not tolerate dogmatic rules in my diet anymore. i want to do what feels best for me - in every way. not only in the physical and rational, but also in the emotional way.

so, i do not have "this one diet" or "this one fixed lifestyle" - there is simply no label you could put on me. the only thing that is clear and that won't change is: I AM VEGAN**. from the bottom of my heart. i am totally into animal rights activism. and sustainability. so, let's take the responsibility for our behaviour. if you eat animal products, you contribute to a murderous death industry which destroys millions of lives of sentient beings, the planet and yourself. so, think about it. your choice matters, every dollar you spend is a vote. let's vote for a better world, let's vote for LIFE. :)

so: i love fruit. i like salads and simple raw vegan gourmet style foods. guess you can call me a (high) raw vegan girl moving towards a fruitarian lifestyle. always learning & growing & loving the progress.

you wonder how a day in my life could look like (diet-wise)? i'll show you:
- low mineral water in the morning
- breakfast: fruit mono meal e.g. 5 bananas
- snack: further fruit mono e.g. 2 bananas
- lunch: a fruity meal, today i had lettuce wraps with apricots & raisins (very tasty)
- snack: further fruit mono or simple combo e.g. 2 bananas
- dinner: big fruit mono meal OR salad (with all kinds of veggies)+ whatever simple (high) raw vegan gourmet dish comes in mind

i try to keep it low fat, though. i feel that too much fat is not very kind to my digestion & mood. i don't have numbers, though.

so, are you also a fruit lover?

*edit: i'm happy with being a frugivore for the time being (most of my calories coming from fruit)

** edit: yes, i love animals and i feel their pain, i am an empathetic being, yet over the years i developed an aversion to labels like veganism, i like the idea of ahimsa and my motto is "do what you want, harm no-one" - i don't intend to harm others, human or non-human, my outside or inside. showing empathy is important to me. other than that, yes, i do follow a plant-based diet, a love-powered diet, it's all a choice in the moment and i am free in my choices [or at least: ich bin frei in meinem unwillen] - shame and guilt don't belong here. let it flow. peace.