Dienstag, 26. April 2011

feeling high ♥ on beautiful fresh food

I am SO HIGH on RAW foods today, crew! I feel fantastic right now. Wow. I am just sitting in front of my PC laughing sillily because I am so happy. :D

Today:

Got up at 5am and went to work. I work in the fruit and veg section of a big super market, so after work I purchased my lunch. :) Got home at noon and then...

- breakfast/lunch: grapes - loads, some fresh dates (= NOT dried, so yummy!), a big head of green lettuce
- snack: grapes and greens (another big head of lettuce and mini cucumbers)
- dinner: strawberries, papaya, tomatoes, greens (lettuce, arugula, sprouts, basil)

OMG. This was probably the BEST dinner I have EVER had. =) I need to take pics of my food again, it's so pretty and tasty that I wanna share it with you! Unfortunately, the batteries of my camera are low, I will post some pics tomorrow! ;)
So, this is what I had: First, some strawberries. Then I blended some strawberries in my tiny blender just to see, if they taste any different that way, the blended strawberries turned out really yummy, too (surprise!). Then I had some RIPE JUICY SWEET papaya (I saw it in the shop and it smelled so good, so I had to take it with me). I poured some of the strawberry 'sauce' into my papaya 'boat' - this was divine. Just to make it more fun, I combined some strawberries and some papaya in the blender and gave it a twist: great combo! I still had my undressed greens sitting in my bowl waiting for being devoured. I threw some tomatoes into the blender along with the strawberry-papaya combo: great soup! Then I added basil. Even better! And last, but not least, I added a handful of arugula and pulsed. This is the most amazing savoury low fat raw vegan dressing/sauce I have ever had, I think.
I am so glad I experimented a bit! I highly recommend experimenting with fruits and veggies in the kitchen (or on the study desk, as in my case). I coated my lettuce strips and sprouts with my sauce and enjoyed this BEAUTIFUL dish with my chopsticks. I felt like in heaven. Ha! Why cooking - when I can create something as mindblowingly delicious as this really simple low fat raw vegan dish? ;)

Happy Vibes to ya all,
Jasmin



BTW: Here is a video by the amazing Chris Kendall showing some of his low fat raw gourmet creations: