Dienstag, 29. November 2011

new beginnings

... and changes. So, I started this blog as a way to talk about my experiences with a fruit-based raw or high raw vegan diet. As someone loving fruit, I chose to call myself "Fruitfay" - however I see that I am gravitating more and more towards a diet based on vegetables (especially the green and orange stuff) and cooked starches. This is why I changed the header of the blog.

At first I thought about changing it to "Veggiefairy" or "Vegfay" - but then I realized that I find it limiting to choose a name according to my momentary dietary preferences. I have just completed a Yoga and Meditation Retreat in the North of Thailand. It was one of the best experiences of my life! I had the most wonderful and powerful yoga teacher and the setting was just breathtakingly picturesque.

The idea was that we get to the yoga platform (surrounded by green mountains) and choose a yoga mat. On the backside of each yoga mat was written a word - like gratitude, awareness, peace etc. This word could also be found on each cup and water bottle for the yoga students. Long story short: I chose simplicity and simplicity chose me. My yoga family started calling me "Miss Simplicity" and I really like that! Hence, the new name.





Namaste!